Airline negotiation – direct weekly charter flight from Stockholm to Tobago
With no direct flights from Scandinavia to the island of Tobago, United Spirit Nordic (USN) was asked to negotiate charter flight from Stockholm, Sweden to Tobago with Scandinavian-based tour operator Kuoni/Apollo on behalf the Tobago House of Assembly (THA). The Scandinavian market is the third largest outbound travel market in Europe and it accounts for five per cent of Tobago’s international arrivals.
United Spirit Nordic took a number of initiatives including:
- Negotiating meetings with Kuoni/Apollo
- Official launch at the Grand Travel Awards in Stockholm 2013
- Follow up for the consecutive years with feedback, training of staff, preparing apollo staff
- A weekly direct flight from Stockholm – Tobago for the winter seasons 2013, 2014 and 2015 with connecting flights from Denmark, Norway and Finland
- Media coverage: The Guardian, Trinidad Express Newspapers, Trinidad & Tobago Newsday on top of all the Scandinavian press coverage.